SEFAUtil is case sensitive…no really it is!

So in the midst of a deployment that is heavy into delegation and they are not yet ready to deploy Enterprise Voice so controlling delegation in the Lync Client isn’t an option right now.  So that means it’s time to run off and use SEFAUtil for the task.

There are plenty of articles out there that describe how to setup SEAFUtil so I won’t cover that for now.  So what we were trying was to remove a delegate so our command was:

SEFAUtil.exe /server: lyncserver.contoso.com sip:katarina@contoso.com /removedelegate:joe@contoso.com

This would generate something like:

User Aor: sip:katarina@contoso.com
Display Name: Katarina User
UM Enabled: False
Simulring enabled: False
Simultaneously Ringing Delegates: Joe@contoso.com

So the command executed but it didn’t actually remove joe as a delegate.  We could go into the client and see that the user was indeed still a delegate.  So we tried all sorts of random items but as a last shot we decided to try to do this:

SEFAUtil.exe /server: lyncserver.contoso.com sip:katarina@contoso.com /removedelegate:Joe@contoso.com

Notice, the difference was joe@contoso.com to Joe@contoso.com – capital J.  We ran the command again and then we got:

User Aor: sip:katarina@contoso.com
Display Name: Katarina User
UM Enabled: False
Simulring enabled: False
CallForwarding Enabled: False

So the key is to look at the name that is provided in the Simultaneously Ringing Delegates section and make sure whatever the output is there matches your remove command.

One thought on “SEFAUtil is case sensitive…no really it is!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *